Shop by Category
- Babla & Kanchan Greatest Hits
- The Ultimate Sundar Popo
- FREE DOWNLOAD CD by Chinese Assassin - BEEF
- Lockdown by VP Premier & Hopewest
- FREE DOWNLOAD Original Sound Boy Killing by Mr. W.I.C. & Friends
- BACK IN THE DAYS TV - DJ Fletch Old School Mix DVD
- FREE DOWNLOAD Close Connections - Soca Storm Vol 30 (2017 Carnival Foreplay Edition)
- FPM Ten Thousand [10,000] (First Priority Music)
- Back In Time Soca CD Volume Four
- Back In Time Soca CD Volume Two
- FREE DOWNLOAD Soca Reggaelution Mixed CD
- Guyana Tassel XL
- Back In Time Soca CD Volume Six
- FPM 5001 (First Priority Music)
- Dynasty DVD by VP Premier and Chinese Assassin
Babla & Kanchan
R.I.P. Kanchan 1950-2004
Kanchan, versatile singer and International exponent of the chutney genre passed away Monday July 26th/2004 in Mumbai. She along with her husband Babla formed the Babla & Kanchan orchestra. The duo devised the now famous Disco –Dandiya genre. Together they have been performing for the last 40 years in various parts for the world. Kanchan is a celebrity in countries like West Indies where she has endorsed brands like Johnson & Johnson among others. Kanchan has also done numerous other albums like ‘Kaise Bani’ (1982) that is still a craze with the bhojpuri audience.
Kanchan began her career as a playback singer way back in the 70’s a naturally gifted singer blessed with a family history of musicians, Kanchan received her training from the renowned Laxmi Prasad Jaipurwale.
Music Directors Kalyanji Anandji gave her a break in the film ‘Rafoo Chakkar’. This was followed by movies like Dharamatma and Qurbani. Laila O Laila (Qurbani) established her in the big league.
Kanchan’s love for Live shows and orchestra resulted in her teaming up with Babla, her husband and versatile music composer to form the ‘ Babla and Kanchan’ orchestra. The duo devised the now famous Disco –Dandiya genre. Together they have been performing for the last 40 years in various parts for the world.
Their love for Live shows and orchestra music took them away from the Indian Film music scenario. They extensively toured the world doing live shows in New York, Canada, West Indies, Ghana, Surinaam, Holland, London and Australia amongst other places as the ‘Kanchan and Babla’ Orchestra. The Duo is the first Indian Artistes to take the West Indies by storm. Their super hit albums like Kuch Gadbad Hai are a craze in West Indies.
Along with Babla, Kanchan's meeting with record producer Jagessar some 21 years ago yielded 17 consecutive Number One hits and sold millions of records, making her the best selling artiste of the Chutney genre.
Chartbusters such as `Kaise Bani' and `Ab Na Jaibay' (originally sung by the late Sundar Popo), `Kuchh
Kanchan is survived by her husband, Babla and her two children Nisha and Vaibhav. She was 54.